Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bread heaven

I have been looking for an excuse to re-invigorate my feeble blogging efforts... and it took a lesson in sour dough bread-making from a fellow smallholder, and a successful second attempt at baking it!

I am very excited about the look, smell and taste of my sour dough bread. See for yourself:


And if only, dear reader, you could taste...it is as good as any sour dough I have ever bought - Irrewarra, Red Beard, La Madre - I've tried them all. And it's so easy to do! Thanks to my friend Sara, I am now a bread-making convert...



2 comments:

  1. That is brilliant Gem, we are so pleased for you both. Your bread looks exactly right and the cuts, wit wooo, I wish we had stayed to try it!! I look forward to supplying the butter for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feeble blogging efforts are amply redeemed with your phenomenal baking efforts. Although in the second paragraph you seemed to be channeling Charlotte Brontë.

    ReplyDelete